WordPress is, at some level, the DH standard tool for building websites either for personal use or for other web based projects. It is such because of its, generally, user-friendly setup and because of its large and robust user base. Most web projects can be easily built using WordPress and various plugins without ever touching a line of code, but sometimes we need/want to do so to add some further functionality or to simply learn about coding. We will begin our exploration of hacking WordPress by examining: Anatomy of a WordPress Theme as well as exploring the document available in the WordPress Codex.
- WordPress Theme Basics
- WordPress Child Themes
- Child Themes.
- How To Modify WordPress Themes
The Smart Way.
- Understanding WordPress Child Themes.
- How to make a child theme for WordPress: A pictorial introduction for beginners.
- WP Tuts+ Creating A Simple Child Theme Using Twenty Eleven.
- Creating Your First WordPress Child Themes.
- WP Beginner: How to Create a WordPress Child Theme (Video).
- Cats Who Code: How to Easily Create a Thematic Child Theme.
- How to make a WordPress Twentyten Child Theme.